Last Updated: June 3, 2020
Things I Like is a homegoods store in Venice, FL. We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Questions, Concerns, or Changes to Your Personal Information?
Please contact us.
Things I Like
307 W. Venice Ave
Venice, FL 34286
Our website address is:
We collect, process and/or store information from you on our website when you:
- visit our website (server log)
- place an order
We may hold on to your information until we receive a request for erasure, at which point we will delete or anonymize your information. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Online Ordering & Website Account
When you place an online order, we process and store your personal information along with your IP address (for security purposes) so that we can fulfill your order and provide you with access your order history. None of your entered information is made public. Furthermore, only a hashed value of your user account’s password is stored in our website’s database.
If you are logged in to our website and add products to the cart, your cart will be saved in our database.
Other 3rd Party Providers that Store and Process Your Data
- Our website is hosted through SiteGround (SG Hosting Inc.). Siteground holds a server log of all website visits to help with security and diagnostics. The server log contains the visitor’s IP address but no information like name, phone number or email address.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.
You can delete or disable cookies by using your browser. In Chrome you can delete your cookies by clicking on the three vertical dots in the top right corner, then clicking on “More tools” and then on “Clear browsing data…”. The operation is similar in other browsers, such as Edge or Firefox.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Our online store places a 1st party cookie on your computer to remember items in your cart and to provide you with checkout ability.
Content Hosted by Third Parties
We may embed content on our website from third parties such as Google Maps, Vimeo and YouTube. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Please also call us at 941.488.6266 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any complaints regarding your personal data. We will take your complaint seriously, investigate it and take necessary measures where applicable. This does not affect your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.