Olive Wood French Spoon 12″
About Olive Wood
Ancient olive wood is not only very beautiful, but it is also a truly sustainable resource. Although olive trees live for hundreds of years, they eventually stop producing olives and are then classed as ancient. Their trunks and branches become thick, gnarled and twisted, and it is this wood that is used in the creation of beautiful wooden artifacts. The age of the tree helps to create the unique grain patterns that make these items so individual. No two items fashioned from olive wood can ever be identical. In addition, the wood is hard, very strong and durable and has natural anti-bacterial qualities that make it ideal in the production of kitchen utensils, tableware and gifts.
- We use only sustainable sources and no living tree is ever cut down for its wood. We use dead branches, those which no longer produce fruit.
- Carved out of a single piece of wood and therefore are rare as well as being unique, beautiful and durable.
- Olive wood is a very hard wood and is naturally treated and as a result is ideal for food preparation.
- The natural oil content of olive wood kills Bacteria.
Olive Wood Maintenance
Olive wood will last a lifetime if it is properly looked after. To keep your olive wood products looking their best please follow this advice:
- Hand wash only, not suitable for dishwashers.
- Occasionally coat with mineral oil to prevent the wood from drying out.
- Do not leave soaking in water or exposed to heat or sunshine.